Is winter finally over? I see the sun shining and the birds chirping now, but reflecting back on the past month, the old rhyme “April showers brings May flowers” might be adapted to “April flurries brings May floweries” to more accurately describe the experience.
I am not sure about what spring means to your family, but to mine it is a combination of relief from a busy hockey, basketball, dance or other activity children are enrolled in during the winter and gearing up for a busy baseball, spring hockey, soccer, dance competition season or other activity children are doing during the spring. It is a balancing act. In the midst of all of that, I want to thank you in advance for making sure your children continue to come to school rested, ready to learn each and everyday, so we can finish the year with the same enthusiasm as we started it with.
I would also like to thank all the volunteers that have been giving of their time this year. The work that you do tirelessly to make sure students and staff are supported, is appreciated. Know that without it, Meadowlark Christian School would not be the fantastic place it is.
May brings the first couple Provincial Achievement Tests (PATs) of the year, in Grade 6 and 9. Here is a complete timeline of all the PATs for grade 6 and 9:
- Tuesday, May 9 - Grade 9 English Language Arts Part A
- Thursday, May 11 - Grade 6 English Language Arts Part A
- Monday, June 19 - Grade 6 English Language Arts Part B
- Tuesday, June 20 - Grade 6 Mathematics Part A and B
- Thursday, June 22 - Grade 6 Social Studies
- Friday, June 23 - Grade 6 Science
- Monday, June 26 - Grade 9 Social Studies
- Tuesday, June 27 - Grade 9 English Language Arts Part B
- Wednesday, June 28 - Grade 9 Mathematics
- Thursday, June 29 - Grade 9 Science
I also want to remind parents that this year the May long weekend is extended. In addition to Victoria Day, May 22, there will be no school on May 23rd and 24th. A great opportunity to reconnect with family and friends as we look forward to seeing the successful completion of another school year.
Please join me in continued prayer for wisdom and endurance as we work to support all the learning needs of the students at Meadowlark Christian School.
Scott Markine Acting Principal